Seattle rocker Ayron Jones has released the new single ‘Take Your Time’, which is a slow burn anthem with his powerful vocals and signature guitar squeals lighting up the track. It’s taken from his highly anticipated debut album CHILD OF THE STATE, which is coming out 21st May via Big Machine/John Varvatos Records. Listen to the track here.
Jones co-produced and wrote the track as a reminder to himself about embracing the moment and appreciating how each plays a part in your story. “Being grateful is what this song is really about and being able to really enjoy where you’re at, from wherever you’re at,” he explains.
Addressing the polarisation and imbalances in his life growing up Jones sings, “I know it’s hard when you’re moving too fast / So smile for the moment, I wanna make this last / And I know it’s hard to get things off your mind / But you know I’m patient, so please take your time.”
CHILD OF THE STATE features the new single alongside previous tracks ‘Free’, ‘Spinning Circles’, his current Top 10 single ‘Mercy’ and US Top 5 debut ‘Take Me Away’. From the streets of Seattle to full-blown rock star, Jones has built an uncompromising sound and truth in his music. He extends that ethos here, continuing the same creative legacy of his hometown’s greatest forces such as Jimi Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Soundgarden.
CHILD OF THE STATE TRACKLISTING
1. Boys From the Puget Sound (Ayron Jones)
2. Mercy (Ayron Jones, Marti Frederiksen, Scott Stevens)
3. Take Me Away (Ayron Jones)
4. Supercharged (Ayron Jones, Nathan Barlowe, Caleb Owens)
5. Free (Ayron Jones, Andrew Fulk)
6. My Love Remains (Ayron Jones)
7. Killing Season (Ayron Jones, Dave Bassett)
8. Spinning Circles (Ayron Jones, Dave Bassett)
9. Baptized in Muddy Waters (Ayron Jones)
10. Hot Friends (Ayron Jones, Tarek Jafar, Paul Meany)
11. Emily (Ayron Jones)
12. Take Your Time (Ayron Jones)