EXIT Festival have teamed up with NME and SoundCloud to find the best UK unsigned, up and coming talent to play at this year’s EXIT Festival in Serbia. The winning artist or band will get to play live on one of the 20 stages at EXIT 2011 between July 7 – 10. Access to the press area and VIP terraces will also be granted to make it truly a once in a lifetime experience. SoundCloud are also offering free accounts for the top 5 bands; the winner getting the pro account and the remaining four all getting lite accounts.
[House Of Pain will perform at Exit Festival 2011]
Here’s how to enter…
1. The competition will be open for entries from 10th – 31st May. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
2. Create a profile on Soundcloud and upload tracks and video – if you are not already a member of SoundCloud you need to create an account, otherwise log in to your existing account. Upload your chosen track onto SoundCloud (there is an option to add video as well). This will be your won chance to impress your fans and the judges, so choose wisely. Click here to enter – http://eng.exitfest.org.
3. Go to the EXIT website to enter the competition http://eng.exitfest.org. When you are on EXIT Festival website click on the button/link to NME Play at Exit competition. This opens a page with terms and conditions – please read carefully. At the bottom of the page click on the apply/confirm button, which then opens the page with input fields: band name, city, e-mail and a field for inserting the embed code from soundcloud. Copy and paste the embed code from soundcloud then click done.
4. Once you have entered and embedded your SoundCloud link you then need to share the link for the competition entries page http://www.exitmusic.tv/nmecomp spread the word and get your fans to vote and like your tracks as much as possible. The top 25 with the most votes will go through to the next round.
5. On June 1 the top 25 acts will be revealed on the EXIT and NME website and go through to the final round.
6. From June 1 until June 5 – The EXIT festival organisers and NME’s Radar editor Matt Wilkinson will judge the final 25 and choose the ultimate winner.
7. June 6 – winning band and top five announced on the EXIT and NME website with the winning band profiled in NME in June.